Monday, 25 January 2010

Postcards from the land of loveliness

I am almost reluctant to share my latest find. Part of me wants to keep it a gorgeous secret, but share I shall.

I bought this purse (£10.99) in a little shop called Ark in Cambridge, after falling in love with its cute postcard design. It is so quirky and cute and I have received many 'oohs' and 'aahs' when I open it at the till (one from a tough looking guy at HMV which rather surprised me but made me smile nonetheless). Since then I have been trying to track down other gems by the company 'Paper Plane'. Well today I stumbled across the website 'cloth-ears'. After that first stumble things will never be the same again. So many goodies to feast your eyes on and so many Brit-vintage inspired bits and bobs that fill my heart with joy... I am destined to pine for ever more.
This card case (£8.99) is the perfect size for an oyster card and so much more stylish than the garish plastic Ikea ones that are handed out. I love the message, although I feel a 'Daaaarling' is missing.
Make sandwiches so much more exciting with this pretty plate. Whilst we're in the kitchen, why not create a quirky collection with this Paper Planes 'Rise and shine' cereal bowl or from cloth-ears' Dandy Collection this plate with the message 'best thing since sliced bread, or this 'All gone' bowl. (all £7.99)
Be the coolest kid on the bus as you sip your tea or coffee from this flask (£12.99). In fact I think this is so lovely I may have to force myself to start liking hot drinks.
This Dandy 'Shower me with Love' wash bag (£19.49) hits the soft spot in my heart. In fact, I think my whole heart is pretty soft, which is probably why I like this so much.
I love the bird print on this make up case (£13.99) and the cute 'Let's kiss and make up'. Wouldn't this just sit perfectly next to my purse? In fact I think the two are almost a set, so it would actually be wrong not to buy this...
'Hello Beautiful' says this pretty compact (£7.99). What a lovely way to be greeted by your mirror. As is the 'You're looking lovely' message on this lovely little Dandy postcard mirror (also £7.99)
I love this amazing Paper Planes washbag (£19.99) for its 'Wash your Face, Wash your Feet, Now it's time to fall asleep' moto and its parcel design complete with stamps and brown string.
Oh weekend bag, oh sweet, beautiful weekend bag, I am in love with you. Map print, envelope front pocket, cute bow, old fashioned tan leather edging... what more can I say. What stylish voyages would await you with this travel bag (£54.99). (And as well as this bag you will of course require for your travels this matching luggage set (£18.99) - including a fab passport case and luggage tag.) For every day use (and a snip of the price) there is instead this cute shopper (just £9.99); I particularly love its measuring tape handle.
Cloth-ears is full of vintage style and pretty patriotic homeware and accessories, so it was difficult to pick my favourites. This Union Jack bunting (£18.99) jumped out at me; I can imagine it strewn around a garden with a picnic and barbecue going on below the trees. On a similar vein is this make-your-own union jack paper chain kit (£6.49). I also love this caravan doorstop (£19.99) that makes me think of beach holidays and Mr Whippy ice creams.
And I have no idea what you would do with this knitted sandwich and egg ensemble, (£12.99) but they made me think of english summer picnics and I just love them. You can also get knitted pastries and doughnuts for a complete woolen tea party. Fabulous.

Have a sneeky look at http://cloth-ears.co.uk/ yourself to find your own fabulous favourites to fall in love with.

Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment